CMC Vellore (Christian Medical College) is a not-for-profit, 2,600-bedded multi-speciality teaching hospital in Tamil Nadu, South India. It draws people from all over India and beyond, but has a special concern for the disabled, disadvantaged, marginalised and vulnerable. It is a Christian foundation, but it welcomes, trains and treats people of all faiths and none without distinction. Every day around 7,000 people have outpatient consultations at CMC. Collegedunia has listed information on everything you need to know about CMC Vellore.
It is one of the prominent and well known medical destinations in India, having reputations nationally and internationally. It is also one of the top ranked medical colleges in India. Founded in 1900 by an American missionary, Dr Ida S. Scudder, the institute has made significant achievements in the past like starting the first college of nursing in India (1978), performing the first Reconstructive Surgery for Leprosy in the World (1948), performing the first successful Open Heart Surgery in India (1961), performing the first Kidney Transplant in India (1971), performing first Bone Marrow Transplantation (1986) in India and performing the first successful ABO incompatible Kidney Transplant in India (2009). (Source – Wiki)
This brief video of CMC vellore will show you what its all about:
1. 2010 “India’s Most Socially Responsible Hospital” in the CNBC-TV18s India Healthcare Awards.
2. October 2011 special award “Healing with the human touch” at the Zee TV Health
3. November 2011 The Week Magazine third best multi-speciality hospital in India, many departments awarded high ranks in their speciality fields.
4. December 2011 India’s Best Multi Specialty Hospital – Non Metro; and Best Hospital – Cardiology Speciality at the ICICI Lombard & CNBC TV18 India Healthcare Awards.
5. 2012 “Best Hospital Non Profit” at TANCARE 2012
6. December 2012 CMC ranked India’s best multi-speciality private hospital and the 3rd best overall (including Government Hospitals) in The Week-HANSA survey.
7. 2013 CMC Ranked No.2 in India Today’s Survey of India’s Best Medical Colleges.
8. December 2013 CMC was granted accreditation with NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals, India)
9. 9th January 2014 CMC was designated Asia’s “Best Private Educational Institute 2012-13” in the medical category, at the World Consulting and Research Corporation awards in New Delhi.
CMC Vellore is really one of the best places to study medical and its also ranked as one of the top places and colleges in india where people are treasured and poor are treated without any caste discrimation. Let us know what do you think about CMC in the comments below.