There are 3 crucial things your business needs right now. Sure, it could just about scrape by without them, but it would be missing out on so many more benefits. Exposure and sales to name just a few of those benefits! These 3 techniques are the most modern and effective to date. Start using them ASAP and you’ll see firsthand what they can do for you. Take a look…
A business blog is one of the best things you can start. First of all, it allows you to share your expertise with people who are visiting your site. People who visit your site are actively interested in the industry, so they just might be interested to read what you have to say. If your posts are good enough, you will get shares and more visitors. It can also lead to increased sales. With a blog, many sites have a better ranking on the search engines too. It’s a no brainer to start a blog! A hair extension company could write tips on application and different hairstyles. A company that sells kitchenware could give recipes and tips for becoming a better cook. Your options are plentiful! Here are some tips for making sure your blogs are high quality:
- Use a grammar/spell checker to make sure there are no typos. These make your blogs look unprofessional, and like you don’t care.
- Try to keep a fun, conversational tone throughout. Nobody wants to read boring writing.
- Use powerful, positive words as much as possible and avoid the negative.
- Break up your writing with paragraphs, subheadings, and pictures. People only usually scan through blogs anyway, so make it easy for them.
- Pick an easy to read font.
- Don’t make blogs too long. A good word count to aim for is 500-100.
- Try to summarise the article.
- Make sure your posts are original and unique. You don’t want to plagiarise anybody else’s work.
- Use your own pictures to pack a bigger punch. Credit pictures that aren’t your own.
- Make sure they’re relevant and appropriate.
- Link out to useful resources.
A Mobile Site
A mobile site is the best way to access as much of your traffic as you possibly can. Without a mobile ready site, you’re missing out on a ton of traffic and sales.
Mobile viewing is taking over desktop viewing, so it only makes sense to ensure your mobile site is up to scratch. People prefer to browse on their phones, iPads, and other mobile devices. Make it easy for them. Nobody wants to have to zoom in and scroll around to find the information they desire. These days, you can build responsive sites that look good on any platform they’re viewed on. It isn’t difficult, and it’ll make you look like a way more trustworthy, reputable company. Simply find a trustworthy company to offer you managed mobility solutions and all of your site visitors will have a smile on their face. Here are some tips for your mobile site:
- Keep things simple. Only include essential information and get rid of anything unnecessary.
- Get rid of things that could mean it takes longer to load.
- Keep a clear call to action on the site.
- Make sure your branding is consistent.
Social Media Pages
Social media has been hot news for a while, and businesses are realising that utilizing social media is the way to go. Using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social networks can help you to gain way more traffic and sales.
The goal is to engage with your audience, rather than to sell to them. Do not, I repeat do not, post promotional things on your pages all day long. To get the most from social media, you need to be social. Ask questions you’d like to know the answer to (market research). Run competitions/giveaways to get even more shares and follows. Respond to feedback, both negative and positive. Use it to offer unbeatable customer service.
People will usually look for a social media page if they really like you or are thinking of working with you. If you don’t have one, you automatically look behind the times. If you do, people can get valuable social proof, which in turn can encourage them to buy your product or use your service. They automatically find you more trustworthy, and even have somewhere to ask questions quickly and easily if they need to. Not surprisingly, people would rather post on social media than use the phone! Here are some of the dos and don’ts of social media for business:
- Post consistently. I can’t stress this enough. If you can only handle one social media platform, that’s fine, just stick to posting at regular times!
- Learn the etiquette of different platforms. For example, it’s more acceptable to post lots of Tweets on Twitter than statuses on Facebook.
- Post during peak times to get the best response.
- Make sure you post relevant content.
- You should share blog posts on your social pages, but not just your own. Post other interesting articles you think your audience will like too!
- Know your audience well.
- Keep a consistent brand voice throughout.
- Hire people to take care of your social media accounts if you need them.
- Never leave it too long to respond to people connecting with you. If you get any negative comments, these need to be dealt with the most quickly.
- Acknowledge holidays and other special events that might need a mention. Your posts will pop up for more people, and you’ll create a positive brand image.
Now you know exactly what you should be doing to help your business thrive and grow. If you want to keep your customers loyal, gain new customers, and get a bigger brand name/online presence, use the tips outlined here. Don’t be afraid to get outside help and advice if you need it. There are people who will manage the whole thing for you, so you can focus on the things you’re best at.
See you next time!